Live Music for Dance Minnesota
Complete program guidelines are available here.
Download Category 1 application form here.
Download Category 2 application form here.
In partnership with NewMusicUSA, Live Music for Dance Minnesota expands on the previous work ACF has done in support of Minnesota composers and choreographers, and leverages new money opportunities for composers, choreographers, and musicians to expand their horizons as artists.
The objectives of the program are:
- to support collaborations between composers and choreographers;
- to foster meaningful collaborations between composers and dance companies; and
- to support and encourage the use of live music for dance performances.
Proposals may be submitted by Minnesota-based composer/choreographer teams and by professional dance companies based in Minnesota. Companies that have not yet received non-profit status may apply with a fiscal sponsor.
This year, grants will be awarded in two categories:
- Category 1: Minnesota-based composer/choreographer teams (i.e. Individual Artists) may apply for funds to support the creation of new work.
- Category 2: Minnesota-based professional dance companies may apply for funds to:
- commission an American composer to write a piece specifically for them. For this category, the composer does not have to be based in Minnesota.
- hire musicians (who may be from Minnesota or from outside the state) to perform live during their performance(s).
Grants to Minnesota-based artists and companies may cover:
- Category 1: Composer and choreographer commission fees, including copying costs, for new works being performed in Minnesota between March 2014 and August 2015.
- Category 2: Composer commission fees, including copying costs, and/or musicians’ rehearsal and performance fees for performances in Minnesota occurring between March 2014 and August 2015.
Applicants may request up to a total of $5,000. Requests for commissions, musicians’ fees, or a combination of the two cannot exceed this amount.
For more information contact: