- This event has passed.
ACF Study Group-Unbroken: Making Disabled Music and Creating Accessible Spaces
February 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm CST
ACF’s Study Group opens our staff and board conversations and anti-racism training to our colleagues and friends. Please use this Zoom link as we will be meeting remotely due to Covid-19. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Here are some other easy entry points/primers for what will surely be a full and enlightening conversation:
- The movie Crip Camp is on Netflix and is AMAZING (about the origins of the organized Disability Justice movement in the US)
- Watch this YouTube video: THINGS NOT TO SAY TO SOMEONE IN A WHEELCHAIR – TOP 3 by Sitting Pretty
- Watch thisTed Talk by Stella Young: I’m not your inspiration, thank you very much
- Watch this YouTube video: What does it mean to “overcome disability”?
- Watch this YouTube video: What You SHOULD Say To A Disabled Person
- Watch this YouTube video: Being ‘the disabled one’ in university
- Watch this YouTube video: My Complex Relationship with my Disability
- Watch this YouTube video: My Body Doesn’t Oppress Me, Society Does
Closed captioning and ASL interpretation services will be provided at this event. If you require any other accommodations to fully engage, please contact Laura Krider (lkrider@composersforum, 612.314.9228) at least 48 hours before the event.