Anyone can join!
As a member of the American Composers Forum you are connected to your colleagues and the wider world of new music. You can access a large variety of information for developing your work and find ways to promote your music. By joining ACF, you participate in a national network of people devoted to music as a living art.
With more than 1500 members in the U.S. and abroad, you are part of a community that is continually breaking new ground in music and advocating for all creative musicians.
ACF members will also receive automatic membership in the Performing Arts Alliance (PAA), a national arts advocacy network of more than 27,000 organizational and individual members comprising the professional, nonprofit performing arts and presenting fields. ACF members receive from PAA periodic email notifications of important arts-related legislation and other national advocacy activities.
Why Become a Member
Although we are primarily a membership network for U.S. composers, we welcome new members who are performers, friends, and supporters of new music from anywhere in the world. There are many benefits to membership:
- Access to a regularly updated, curated list of 70-90 different calls for scores, grants, awards, residencies, and commissions you can can apply for on the ACF Opportunities List
- A member profile page in our public Composer Member Directory
- Ability to post score listings in the New Music USA Online Library
- Access to helpful legal and professional development advice through ACF staff
- Access to professional development workshops, seminars and networking opportunities
- ACF email newsletter and program alerts
- Automatic Performing Arts Alliance (PAA) membership
- Discounts on Finale® notational software
- Fiscal Sponsorship for commissions, performances, and projects (pending ACF approval)