2022 Fromm Foundation Composer Fellowships
Our Fromm Foundation Composer Fellows are selected to participate in intensive seminars, rehearsals, workshops and public colloquia with our distinguished 2022 Guest Composers Tonia Ko and Donnacha Dennehy.
Under the guidance of Artistic Director Kurt Rohde, each Fromm Foundation Composer Fellow has a work publicly performed and professionally recorded by the Conference Ensemble, in addition to collaborating with the Fromm Foundation CPI Fellows on new works. The Composers Conference nurtures the creation, performance, and appreciation of music, serving as a catalyst for conscientious creativity through shared wisdom, expertise, and diverse artistry.
Please note that all participants for the 2022 Conference must be up to date with full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus not less than 1 month prior to the beginning of the 2022 Conference. Proof of vaccination is required of all participants.
Composers are invited to submit TWO works for judges’ selection of ten Fromm Foundation Composer Fellows for the 2022 Composers Conference. The 2022 Composers Conference will take place at Brandeis University, July 23-August 6, 2022. There is NO application fee for the 2022 Composers Conference. Accepted composers will receive a Fromm Foundation Scholarship, which covers tuition and accommodations in full. For questions about the application, please email the Executive Director Kathryn Welter at email@example.com.
Composers are invited to submit materials for TWO works. Our online application form requires applicants to submit PDFs of scores, soundfiles or sound links using the fields provided. Electronic works are acceptable, but we strongly encourage that at least one work include acoustic instrumental writing. In lieu of a bio or resumé, there are two short questions for applicants to answer that we will allow our Guest Composers get to know a little about you as they review your work.
Composers chosen as Fromm Foundation Fellows will be asked to submit a score and parts for performance at the 2022 Composers Conference. This work may include any combination of the following: 1 each of flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone; 2 pianos; 2 percussionists; double string quartet; 1 contrabass; 1 soprano.
- Application Fee: NONE
Accepted Composer Fellows will receive a Fromm Foundation Scholarship, which covers tuition and accommodation in full.
- Applicants will need to create a free New Music Engine account in order to submit their application. Instructions are on the application portal at New Music Engine.
- Scores submitted for judging may include any instrumentation.
- Deadline for application: Jan. 31, 2022
- Notification of accepted applicants: March 15, 2022
- Composers chosen as Fellows will be asked to submit a score and parts for performance at the 2022 Composers Conference by June 15, 2022. This work may include any combination of the following: 1 each of flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone; 2 pianos; 2 percussionists; double string quartet; 1 contrabass; 1 soprano.
Complete application consists of the following:
- All submissions must be made through New Music Engine.
- The first round of judging is anonymous. Please remove any identifying marks on scores and recording files.
- Please submit TWO works. Scores should be uploaded in pdf format. Accompanying recordings for each score should be uploaded as audio files.
For questions about the application, please use our contact form or email the Executive Director Kathryn Welter at firstname.lastname@example.org.