Call for Scores!
This year, Black Dot Press presents its first-ever Call for Scores initiative.
The call seeks to identify and publish scores that represent challenging, interesting, relevant and thought-provoking music.
- Pieces can be for any instrument combination
- No more than 10 instruments (orchestral or concerto works will, unfortunately, not be accepted)
- Should be no longer than 50 pages (full score)
- Pieces must have already been performed
- Please note that composers may submit only one (preferably their best) work.
- Composers must be over 18
- Composers may come from any country, race, creed or background
At the end of the Call, Black Dot Press will announce not one, not two, but twenty-six (26) winners whom will all receive:
- an Associated Composer publishing agreement with Black Dot Press for the submitted work;
- a professional-grade engraving of their work, courtesy of Black Dot Press;
- a hard-copy full score of the published work; and
- a signed certificate from the call for scores jury.
In addition to this, all entering participants shall be listed onto the Black Dot Press Member’s group, where:
- discussions regarding new music, composers and pieces are held;
- jobs and other employment positions are listed; and
- discounts on the Black Dot Press store are available.
Entry Fee / Requirements
There is NO entry fee for this call for scores.
Composers need to do the following to be considered for this call for scores:
- Complete the Online Application Form, complete with:
- Piece information
- Full Score (.pdf)
- Recording (.mp3). Please note that MIDI/Sample recordings will not be accepted.
- Contact Details
- Support Black Dot Press in one of any of the following ways:
- Liking one of our platforms on social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) (Free), as well as sharing this call for scores page on said social media site.
- Purchasing one of our scores from the Black Dot Press Shop (scores available from as little as £1)
- Donating to Black Dot Press (any amount)