Conference and the Journal of the Korea Electro-Acoustic Music Society
2021 Call for Proposals
We are delighted to invite Mara Helmuth as this year’s keynote speaker.
If you want your paper to be considered for the 2021 KEAMS Conference, please submit an abstract or proposal (maximum of 2,000-characters including spaces) and curriculum vitae as PDF documents to emille[at]keams.org by the due date. Selected papers from the conference will be published in Emille Vol. 19.
KEAMSAC was formed to promote active research and discussion on electro-acoustic music, and this year’s conference will be held in Oct. 15-17 in Seoul, Korea. This event will go with the Seoul International Computer Music Festival(SICMF)2021: http://www.computermusic.asia/).
Conference Presentation: English
Conference Article: English or Korean
Journal Article: English or Korean
For the KEAMS conference, the following topics are included, but not limited to:
a) Creative Encounters between Music and Science
b) Multidisciplinary or Interdisciplinary Research
c) Systematic Musicology
– Computational Musicology
– Computational Music Theory
d) Analysis of Electronic and Computer-based Music
e) Sound Synthesis
f) Music Psychology
h) Development of Electronically-extended
i) Music Software Engineering
j) Artificial Musical Intelligence
k) Computer-aided Composition/Analysis
l) Automatic Composition
– Deadline for Proposal Submission
June 30, 2021
– Notification of Acceptance of the Proposal
July 31, 2021
– Deadline for Paper Submission for the Conference Proceedings
September 30, 2021
October 15-17, 2021
– Notification of Selected Paper for the Journal Emille
November 20, 2021
– Deadline for Final Paper Submission
December 20, 2021
1. Paper Presentations
– Each session consists of three to four presentations.
– Each paper will be presented in person for about 25 minutes followed by ca. 5 minutes of discussion.
– Video conferencing over the Internet may situationally be available.
2. Keynote presentation
– A keynote speaker will be given 50 minutes to address, followed by 10 minutes of Q&A.
– The length of each session will be around 90 minutes.
– Each workshop consists of one to three sessions in one to three days.
Fees and Accommodation
Thanks to the financial support of the Art Council Korea, the registration and publication fee will be waived, and accommodation also will be provided to presenters during the session.
It is also possible for students and non-experts in the fields mentioned above to submit proposals for the conference and the journal, Emille.
All proposals will be screened by the program committee and selected solely based on the quality of the research and topic.
We are welcome any ideas for electro-acoustic music research from you, and believe them to be precious assets for the conference and the journal.