Celebris Ensemble Composition Competition
Welcome to Celebris Ensemble’s inaugural composition competition! We are very excited to offer this opportunity to add to the choral repertory. The goal of this competition is to give emerging choral composers their opportunity to shine.
- Restrictions: There are no age, geographic, or background restrictions. All emerging composers are encouraged to apply.
- Entry Fee: $15 (click here to donate)
- Deadline: December 18, 2021
- Upload your application HERE
- Winner will be notified by February 12, 2022.
- Celebris reserves the right to give multiple awards or none depending on the quality of the submissions.
- Celebris will perform the song in May 2022. Should COVID restrictions be in place, Celebris reserves the right to perform this virtually or on the 2022-2023 season.
- Submit a 2-5 minute SATB piece (either unaccompanied or piano accompaniment) suitable for a small ensemble. Maximum divisi is occasional SSAATTBB.
- Compositions on the theme of Hope and/or Resilience will be given the most consideration.
- Text should be either in public domain (preferred) or the evidence of the rights to use the text must be shown.
- Unpublished works only. Self-published works are permitted.
- A computer-generated recording of the piece is acceptable.