Collaboration and Accompaniment – Composer’s Voice featuring Andrew White
Vox Novus in collaboration with Virtual Concert Halls is calling for works for baritone Andrew White and accompaniment. This unique event will happen live online broadcasted by Virtual Concert Halls to several video streaming platforms.
The main purpose and goal of this online event is to foster and broaden the art song genre. This event creates an opportunity for composers to “voice” or express their musical ideas as well as explore and experiment with accompaniment through the digital video medium. Composers are encouraged to be experimental or just compose outside their comfort zone to create works for this project.
Our secondary purpose of this project is to introduce Andrew White to new composers and those composers to Andrew White. It is also a chance to introduce living composers to audiences giving them a chance to talk about their work and how they go about creating it. Besides the performance of the works, Andrew White will lead a discussion with the selected composers speaking about their compositions and careers.
The online performance will take place on Saturday April 23, 2022 2:00 PM EDT (UTC-4)
Collaboration and accompaniment is an online project of the Composer’s Voice concert series empowering living composers and the musicians who champion new music.
Composer’s Voice is a Vox Novus project.
- Works need to be 10 minutes or less in length
- Scores need to be submitted as a PDF
- An electronic accompaniment is required. (Any accompaniment is applicable including instrumental realizations, recordings, or electronic and/or synthesized soundscapes.)
- Works need to be submitted by February 7, 2022
- Work must be submitted to
- Composers will be asked to register to New Music Engine and provide the following:
- 150 word biography
- 50 word program notes
- Score as a PDF file
- Electronic Accompaniment as and audio file
- Audio Realization of the work uploaded as and audio file
- Merchant Transaction ID from your PayPal receipt to Vox Novus
- Selected composers are required to participate online with an interview and dialogue with the host and artist
- Selected composers will be asked to sign a consent form for online performance
- Works need to be written for baritone voice and electronic accompaniment
- There is a submission fee of $10
- $10 submission fee (Merchant Transaction ID from your PayPal receipt to Vox Novus)