Call for Scores!
August 24th- 31th, 2020 Franche Comte, France
The New Music Initiative for performers and Composers is an annual festival in Franche Comte, France focused on promoting collaborative relationships between composers and performers to create new works. Each composer is paired with a performer or ensemble, and they collaborate through the creation, premier, and recording of new work.
- Open to composers of any age and nationality.
- Works must be original, not arrangement and composed within the past three years.
- Works should be between 5 and 8 minutes.
- Guitar and Clarinet.
- String quartet.
- Soprano (with or without fixed electronics).
- Flute solo (with or without fixed electronics).
- The selected works will be rehearsed and performed by the resident ensembles in at least one of the three concerts of the festival. (due to COVID-19 pandemic the rehearsal will be handled virtually).
- Besides appearing in the festival promotion and the performance, the composer will receive a high-quality recording of the piece.
- The selected work potentially would be included in the annual album of “Du Vert A L’infini”
Deadline: June 30, 2020
- Please send the score in PDF and mp3 audio (MIDI acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry fee: $10 (The entry fee is waved for those countries that are effected by the U.S sanctions)