- Jo Ann Miller, Director of Choral Activities, NDSU
- Michael Weber, Associate Director of Choral Activities, NDSU
- Charlette Moe, Assistant Director of Choral Activities and Music Education, NDSU
- Jocelyn Hagen, Composer, Adjunct composition faculty, NDSU
- Allan Petker, Pavane Publishing
Call for Scores!
This year we are modifying the guidelines for the Fissinger prize to reflect the likelihood of smaller gatherings of singers. This year we welcome submissions for a mixed chamber choir.
Entries should be:
- For an SATB chamber choir (around 16 voices) with limited divisi
- Unaccompanied, or with piano accompaniment
- One or two obbligato instruments would be acceptable
- Three to eight minutes in duration • original and unpublished (by an established commercial firm) works only.
- The text may be sacred or secular, either in the public domain or copyrighted, as long as a letter of permission from the copyright owner is included with the submission
- Submission deadline – August 1, 2020
- First: $1,500
- Second: $1000
- NDSU reserves the right to not award prizes in any given year.
- The composer of the first prize work is invited to be present at the performance.
- For the premiere, NDSU will reimburse actual travel, lodging and food expenses, up to a maximum of $750.
- Winners will be announced at www.ndsu.edu/music/fissinger/index by September 15, 2020.
- The first prize winner’s piece, with the approval of the composer, will have their composition considered for publication in Pavane Publishing for placement in the Jo Ann Miller Choral Series.
- There is a $25 submission fee for each work submitted.
- Include name, address, phone number(s), and email address when making payment via NDSU Marketplace or if paying by check, in a sealed envelope accompanying the score.
- Send by PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted scores must be in Finale or Sibelius.
- An audio file is strongly recommended.
- All scores selected for performance will be reproduced by NDSU.
- Submissions must be submitted via email by 11:59 PM on August 1, 2020 or postmarked by August 1, 2020.
- If not submitting a PDF, mail submissions to:
Dr. Jo Ann Miller, NDSU Challey School of Music, Dept 2334, PO Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108-6050
- Email compositions to:
Jo Ann Miller, Director of Choral Activities, email@example.com