Call for Scores!
Ensemble Ipse is pleased to announce a Call for Pieces for our New Music Gallery. Ensemble Ipse is a dynamic contemporary music ensemble dedicated to presenting recent music that transcends aesthetic categorization while striving to create a forum for composers that celebrates stylistic diversity.
Ensemble Ipse is pleased to announce a new series, our New Music Gallery – a repository of pieces for solo instruments, small- to midsize-instrumentation, and electronics. The goal of the Gallery is to provide a site where a broad spectrum of current music by emerging and lesser-known composers can be explored. It is our hope that this project will lead to greater awareness of contemporary music, and to further recognition of the participants in the form of performances and commissions.
In light of the severe impact that COVID-19 has had on the music community, Ensemble Ipse is producing several online events and series, and our videos will continually be added to our New Music Gallery. Viewers can experience these pieces at any time on our site.
Applicants for our Call for Pieces must send a link to a HD video of a performance of their music which is not already on Score Follower or Inceptify. The performance does not have to be recent – but the video and sound quality must be strong (single camera setups are fine). Pieces featuring electronics, generative video, or animations are also welcome. Up to six videos will be chosen for posting on our New Music Gallery webpage for this call. Ensemble Ipse will conduct regular Calls for Pieces to continually add to our Gallery.
- All composers are eligible regardless of age, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- Ensemble Ipse gives preference to composers in the beginning stages of their career (although not-age specific).
- Pieces may be of any length or instrumentation, with a preference for small- to midsize-instrumentation. Pieces featuring electronics, or purely electronic pieces, are welcome. Purely electronic pieces may include video of the performer(s), or some other aesthetically produced visualization.
- Composers may submit up to three videos for consideration. These videos must not already be hosted on Score Follower or Inceptify.
- All submission materials must be emailed to email@example.com. Please do NOT send the video files – please just send a link for our panel to review. In addition, you must fill in this web form for EACH piece submitted (link here: https://forms.gle/1fskpcfSKAYjhV5h8).
- Email a LINK for your videos(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email video files.
- Fill in this web form for EACH piece submitted (link here: https://forms.gle/1fskpcfSKAYjhV5h8). You may submit up to three pieces.
- Email a biography and resume.
- There is no submission fee.
- All submissions must be received by November 15th, 2020. Selected composers will be notified by December 15th, 2020. Videos will be posted online in our New Music Gallery by January 1st, 2020.
For questions, contact Max Giteck Duykers and Joseph Di Ponio at email@example.com.