SACRARIUM | Sacred music in our time
Lviv Chamber Choir – KLK Symphony Orchestra
International Composers’ Competition 2021 – 7th Edition
City: Lviv (Ukraine)
Sponsored by : Lviv Philharmonic Society
Date: 16 – 19 May 2021
The International Composers’ Competition SACRARIUM was born from the idea to create a project that will work on the meeting of the contemporary music of our time, with the writing of sacred music who combines musical genres associated with a sacred or religious theme.
All composers who wish to participate into the International Composers’ Competition SACRARIUM 2021 must write an original work for mixed chamber choir and string orchestra, associated with a religious theme, or tied to a specific liturgical function or must write a music inspired to elevate our souls to God, even without being embedded in a context of religious practice.
The 7th International Composers’ Competition SACRARIUM 2021 is open to all composers of any age and nationality, who want to share their musical and personal journey, attend seminars and opportunities for discussion, on the sacred art of our time, on the contemporary sacred music and on the figure of the Composer in this Third Millennium. The organization will select 12 composers who will have the opportunity to participate into the International Composers’ Competition SACRARIUM 2021 from 16 to 19 May in the city of Lviv (Ukraine), inside Maria Magdalena Church.
The 12 composers’ selected works will be performed in the final concert of the event by KLK Symphony Orchestra and Lviv Chamber Choir.
The concert will be recorded by a sound engineer with the selected works. A movie director will make a video of the concert.
The International Music Composers’ Competitions is open to a maximum of 12 composers of whatever age or nationality.
Each composer must submit – deadline: 03 April 2021 – a music score chosen in the following categories:
a) soprano or mezzo soprano and symphonic orchestra ( maximum 53 players : 2 fl, 2 ob, 2 cl, 2 fg, 2 hor, 2 tr, 3 trb, 1 tb, 1 harp, 2 perc, organ, strings 10,8,6,6,3).
b) soprano or mezzosoprano, chamber choir and symphonic orchestra.
The sacred text can be chosen from the Old and New Testament in latin or english.
The work must not exceed 12 minutes.
Deadline: 03 April 2021.
All score will be sent by email (only one work for composer), in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each email sent to submit a score shall include:
– The score and orchestral parts must be in A4 format, (please indicate minutes of the score) as PDF file (Sibelius or Finale program);
– composers who participate with a solo soprano (or mezzo soprano) score must also attach the reduction for piano and voice to the application;
– A second PDF-file containing the identity of the composer (name and address, nationality, telephone number, email, website, short CV) and a statement by the composer stating that the submitted work has never before been published, performed in public and/or broadcast before, nor prized in any composer’s competition. Other file format than PDF are not acceptable and will result in the submission being rejected! There is no registration form.
The Composition Staff will select the best composers, from all the application submitted, no later than 05 April 2021.
The tuition fee for all participants selected is €1200 (euro 1200):
€1200 + 5% tax to be paid no later than 12 April 2021 by Paypal on email email@example.com;
The tuition fee includes:
- participation at rehearsals and check sound ofthe selected composers during the period 16 – 19 May 2021;
- Final concert in Maria Magdalena Church with the works selected and performed by Lviv Chamber Choir and KLK Symphony Orchestra;
- professional audio/video recording of the final concerts;
- certificate of participation.
The tuition fee does not include:
Administrative secretary for the International Music Composers’ Competition SACRARIUM 2021 is Ms. Anastasiya Kodola.
For any question about the tuition fee and payment method write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send a PDF file with your payment check to email@example.com.
Yuri Laniuk (UKR)– President
Bogdhana Frolyak (UKR) – Composer
Domenico Clapasson (ITA) – Composer
Ferdinando Nazzaro (ITA) – Composer, Artistic Director KLKnewmusic
Three prizes will be awarded.
1 Prize – 1500 USD, and the score published by Aldebaran Editions
2 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions
3 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions
The Composition Staff reserves the right not to award the prize and to award Special Mentions of merit.