Call for Scores!
New music ensemble loadbang (trumpet, trombone, bass clarinet, baritone voice) has been called ‘inventive’ by the New York Times, ‘cultivated’ by the New Yorker, and ‘a formidable new music force’ by TimeOutNY. loadbang is proud to announce their 2021 Commission Competition. The application and details can be found HERE.
composers must submit
- a work of chamber music written in 2016 or later for 2-7 players and/or singers, with or without electronics. It is recommended that the submitted work includes bass clarinet, trombone, trumpet, and/or male voice (though not required).
- A score (PDF) and recording is required (MIDI realizations are NOT accepted)
- CV (PDF required)
rules and regulations
- Eligible composers include citizens OR current residents of the United States
- There is NO FEE for participating in this competition.
- The deadline for submission is March 1, 2021.
- The winning composer will receive a prize of $1,000 as a commission to write a new piece, which will be premiered in New York City by loadbang in the Spring of 2022.
- Tuition free participation and workshops with loadbang at the Longy School of Music’s Divergent Studio from June 14-27, 2021 in Cambridge, MA.