2024 International COMPOSITION Competition
Composers Must Submit:
- a work of chamber music written in 2018 or later for 2-7 players and/or singers, with or without electronics. It is recommended that the submitted work includes bass clarinet, trombone, trumpet, and/or male voice (though not required).
- A score (PDF) and recording is required (MIDI realizations are accepted though live recordings are preferred)
- CV (PDF required)
Rules and Regulations:
- This competition is open internationally
- There are no age restrictions
- There is NO FEE for participating in this competition.
- The deadline for submission is March 1, 2024.
- The winning composer will receive a prize of $1,000 as a commission to write a new piece, which will be premiered in New York City by loadbang. Composers are not required to attend the performance. No extra funds are available for travel, but rehearsals and performance can be attended virtually if composers are unable to travel.
- Tuition free participation and workshops with loadbang at the Longy School of Music’s Divergent Studio from June 24-July 6, 2024 in Cambridge, MA.