CALL FOR SCORES 2024
SEPT 1 – NOV 1, 2023
International competition open to women composers of all ages and nationalities!
LunART is excited to announce the 2024 annual Call for Scores, open to women composers of all ages and nationalities. While LunART celebrates women artists both past and present, we place a special value and priority on programming works by contemporary and living composers…that’s you!
Submit your work(s), join the network of like-minded creatives, and enjoy excellent music making all while celebrating women’s creativity in the arts. We look forward to hearing your music!
Winning composers will receive:
- A cash prize of $300
- Performance of composition at the Gala Concert (LunART Festival 2024: May 28- June 2)
- Professional live audio & video recording of composition
- If the winning piece has never been commercially recorded, it will be added to our annual festival album
If able to attend the festival, composers will receive:
- Free housing
- Free entry into all festival events
- Collaborative rehearsal time with festival performers
- Open to all all women composers, transgender and ciswomen
- No age limit
- Composers/performers will be considered
Submitted works should be:
- Under 15 minutes in length
- Single or multi-movement work. In the case of multi-movement works, we reserve the right to play selections
- Scored for one to six performers; available instruments, voice types, and ensembles are listed below
- Written no earlier than January 1, 2019
Submissions must include:
- PDF of score (please upload a PDF with the file name formatted as: lastname_compositiontitle.pdf)
- Recording of submitted work
- Provide URL link, i.e. Sound Cloud, YouTube (midi, mp3, or video)
- Bio (100 words or less)
- Program notes
- Composer/performers only: a recording of the applicant performing must be submitted; acceptance as a performer is at the discretion of the festival
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- All materials must be submitted no later than November 1, 2023, 11:59pm (Central Time)
- Late submissions will not be accepted
- Submission Fee: $20
- All submitted fees are non-refundable
- Files must be uploaded through the LunART website during the submission period – Application Page
- Applicants may submit multiple scores, but must complete a separate application for each submission
- Up to three compositions will be selected
- We reserve the right to not program any compositions
- String quartet
- Wind quintet
- Flute (piccolo, alto, bass)
- Clarinet (bass, B flat, E flat)
- Oboe (English horn, oboe d’amore)
- Saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone)
- Brass quintet
- French horn
Any voice type, as a solo vocal part or a member of an ensemble.
If your work includes prepared piano, please contact us before submitting.
If your work includes percussion, please contact us about intended instrumentation. Percussion instruments available for the festival are limited.
Contact our Artistic Director Dr. Iva Ugrcic: [email protected]