Call for Scores!
The Macro Analysis Creative Research Organization (MACRO) Announces the 23rd Annual MACRO Composition Competition 2021
PRIZE: $1000 and Conference Presentation
Entry Guidelines and Submission Procedures
Submit one or more original works for INSTRUMENTAL CHAMBER ENSEMBLE (3-5 instruments) composed within the past five years. Works must be unpublished and must not have won any previous awards. There are no duration restrictions. There is no entry fee.
Submit your materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send each entered composition separately. Each entry must include the following:
- A PDF file of the score, with composer name and other identifying marks removed.
- An audio file of a performance or MIDI realization of the composition. Only MP3 or WAV files will be accepted, with a maximum size of 15 MB. Contact the Competition Chair (email@example.com) if you have questions.
- A completed entry form, submitted as an e-mail attachment (PDF or Word only).
- A biographical sketch, submitted as an e-mail attachment (PDF or Word only).
- A short statement, indicating how the principles of macro analysis are involved in the entered composition, submitted as an e-mail attachment (PDF or Word only). See the ENTRY FORM for further information.
- Entries with a total attachment size exceeding 15 MB may be sent in more than one e-mail.
- All materials must be received by January 15, 2021. Late and/or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
Responsibilities of Competition Winner:
The winner agrees to speak about their winning composition at the 2021 MACRO Workshop, to be held in Madison, Wisconsin on June 18-19. 2021. MACRO will reimburse travel expenses, up to a maximum of $500.
The winner must be a MACRO member or must join MACRO in order to receive the monetary prize and travel funds. There is no membership fee. A valid U.S. Social Security number is also required. The winner will be notified by February 15, 2021.
For further information: contact Dr. Warren Gooch, MACRO Composition Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join MACRO: contact Dr. Jamie Henke, MACRO Chair, at email@example.com.
For further information about MACRO: visit the MACRO website at http://www.macromusic.org