Call for Songs!
Education Through Music-LA is excited to announce the 2021 Music Unites the World Songwriting Contest. The purpose of this contest is to encourage the creation of an inspiring, high-quality, original, unpublished work on the theme “Music Unites the World” to be premiered virtually by students, alumni, and faculty at the annual Music Unites the World Festival, an event bringing together children from our partner schools across Los Angeles County.
Prize: Winning piece will be premiered at the Festival in March 2021 (exact date TBD) sung by a choir ensemble (grades 4-6), alongside alumni and faculty, accompanied by piano. Also:
- Receive the opportunity to work with a children’s choir, top music educators, and other music industry professionals.
- Receive a $1,000 Cash Prize.
- Application materials are accepted via the online application only found at etmla.org/song21/
- Songwriters/composers are asked to submit a full score, vocal score and recording (MIDI mockup is fine) of an unpublished work for young treble voices (SA) on the theme of music uniting the world.
- FEE: $10 (USD) submission fee. All fees are payable online and are non-refundable.
- November 1: Applications due. Pre-screening beings.
- November 7: Finalists reviewed by judges who will select the winner.
- December 2: Winner announced.
- December 15: Winner consults with ETM-LA on song and delivers final score to ETM-LA.
- March 2021: Winning song will be premiered by ETM-LA Choir at the 2021 Music Unites the World Festival (date TBD) in March 2021.
Eligibility and Terms: see etmla.org/song21