Call for Scores!
Trio de Bois is pleased to announce a call for original scores for reed trio (with or without piano), inspired by one of the following subjects :
- A US national park, monument, museum, or nature preserve
- A recent significant regional, national, or world event (within the past 10 years)
- A specific work of art or literature
- A contemporary or historical figure who influenced your worldview
Five (5) pieces will be selected for a performance premiere for our 2020-2021 season. Each piece will include a virtual livestream premier event, an audio recording, and a video recording to be featured on our YouTube channel and social media. We will also consider up to ten (10) additional pieces to be read and recorded in rehearsal by the ladies of Trio de Bois.
- Submissions must fit at least one of the above subjects.
- Submission should focus on the traditional reed trio instrumentation (oboe, Bb clarinet, and bassoon), but may additionally include piano. The reed parts can also include the following doubles:
Clarinet – Eb, A, or bass clarinets; soprano, alto, tenor, or bari sax; flute
Oboe – English horn, kalimba, ocarina, marimba, xylophone, vibes
Bassoon – contrabassoon
- Trio de Bois would like to advocate, celebrate, and consciously include composers from historically underrepresented groups. Three of the five spots available for the livestream events are reserved for submissions from women and non-binary composers, composers from underrepresented racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, and LGBTQIA2s+ composers. If you would like this consideration, please include that in your short statement of introduction.
- All submissions must include:
- PDFs of parts and scores using notation software
- A MIDI file of the work, submitted as an mp3/wav
- At minimum, please include a short written or recorded description of your source of inspiration and concept of work.
- A short statement of introduction about you
- Single or multi-movement works will be accepted
- Works must be original compositions. We will accept works previously composed as long as all of the guidelines are followed and one of the 4 inspiration criteria are fulfilled.
- All parts of submissions, detailed in #4 above, are due July 15, 2020. Late submission will not be considered for this project.
- Composers will be notified of the selection of your work no later than August 1, 2020.
- Only one submission per composer, please.
- Please submit all materials to https://www.ladiesreedingsociety.org/. We will confirm your entry as we receive them.
We love to work in collaboration with other artists and musicians. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.