SMCC EVENT INFO AND REGISTRATION
This year, the University Park UMC Sacred Music Composition Competition will feature choral music appropriate for Pentecost Sunday (May 28, 2023). Please feel free to submit one (1) piece per composer. The text and tune can be original or public domain (or used with permission from copyright owner). Please submit both a PDF of the piece and a sound file (MIDI is acceptable).
Accepting submissions September 1- November 30
One submission per applicant (NO submission fees!)
Winner to be announced February 2023
Grand prize: $1000 + performance by University Park UMC Chancel Choir
- Written for SATB/SAB mixed choir
- Accompaniment: a cappella, piano, or organ
- Should be singable/accessible for common volunteer church choirs
- Divisi (in moderation) is allowed
- All styles are admissible
- Arrangements are eligible (permissions obtained by submitting composer)
- Applicants may be of any age or nationality.
- Previously-performed works are still eligible.
- The winning composer is not required to travel to attend the performance.
- The composer retains all rights to the work performed.
Please use the submission form below. Once the form is complete, you will receive an email with the link to upload music.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Pope, Minister of Worship: [email protected]