Job Title: Program Assistant
Classification: Part-time, 20 hours a week
Hours: Normal business hours 9:00 AM—5:00 PM plus occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
Salary: The salary range for this position is $16.00 – $18.00 per hour based on previous experience and qualifications.
Posting Date: February 26, 2018
The Program Assistant is responsible for coordinating and providing support for a variety of programs offered by the American Composers Forum (ACF). The position assists in ensuring quality services, activities, and communications to regional and national composers and performers. Primary duties include data management and entry, member communications and services, project research, scheduling, and general administrative support. The position reports to the Vice President of Programs and serves as assistant to the Programs Team. The American Composers Forum has secured funding for this position until June 30, 2019. The continuation of this position after June 30, 2019 is contingent on future funding. The applicant who is selected and accepts this position will be notified by March 1, 2019 if the position will continue past June 30, 2019.
- Vice President of Programs
- ACF Programs Team (Director of Education and Community Partnerships, Manager of Community Partnerships, and Manager of Membership and Social Media)
- Regional, national, and international composers and performers, both members and non-members.
- Community partners and arts organizations
- Contractors and vendors.
- Collaborate with the Programs Team in effectively administering established and new ACF programs.
- Manage data associated with all active programs in eTapestry database.
- Provide support services to the Programs Team to coordinate professional development workshops, member meetings, opportunities for members to interact with artists in other disciplines and visiting composers, etc. (ex: Composer-To-Composer Events).
- Assist with updating our artist opportunities webpage, issuing artist calls, and publicity materials. Support with application processing, archiving contracts, artist payables, evaluations, general website updates, and writing reports.
- Support in coordinating and creating content regarding activities and programs for Forum-produced communications vehicles (Monthly E-Newsletter, website, New Music Minnesota).
- Provide Programs Team with status reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Orientation towards service and ability to solve problems.
- Confidence and flexibility in working with people.
- Attention to detail.
- Interest in (and knowledge of) a variety of musical styles as well as general understanding of artistic process.
- The ability to read music a plus.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, and database entry and management.
- Competency with PC and Mac platforms, Content Management Systems, Google Suite, and experience with web publishing desirable.
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest in this position, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to William Lackey at email@example.com.
William J. Lackey, Vice President of Programs
American Composers Forum
75 West 5th St
Suite 522, Landmark Center
Saint Paul, MN 55102-1439
Application deadline: March 26, 2018