Now hiring: Executive Assistant
Classification: Exempt, Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $55,000 annually plus health/transit/retirement benefits
Location: Flexible; remote possible with occasional travel to St. Paul, MN and other locations
Click here for application: https://smrtr.io/8ykjh.
Please read on if you are someone who:
- enjoys and takes pride in keeping things organized;
- has experience writing letters, creating presentations, and working with different office software applications;
- is comfortable with changing priorities;
- wants to contribute to an organization committed to anti-racism and racial equity-in-progress; and
- approaches their work with curiosity, courage, and proactiveness.
About ACF and this Role
ACF envisions a world where living music creators are celebrated as essential to human culture. We are leading catalysts in an ecosystem that invites generations of composers, artists, advocates, and audiences to pursue this vision with us.
Our commitment to being a racially equitable organization guides us and our work. We intentionally learn and practice anti-racism, and we support an ecosystem that is equitable as well as inclusive. We strongly encourage individuals who identify as BIPOC race/ethnicity and/or other underrepresented identities to apply. We strive to be a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community with racial equity at the center and seek to attract candidates with similar priorities. (Click here to read our statement of commitment to racial equity.) The ACF Board and staff are committed to continued learning and practicing principles to create and sustain a welcoming, dynamic, and inclusive environment.
Currently in the second year of a five-year ambitious strategic plan, ACF is building its community of artists, networks, and resources to be an effective national go-to space and advocate for music creators. The success of the plan relies on significant grassroots and philanthropic support as well as strong partnerships with industry peers and influencers. The Executive Assistant will play an important role in supporting the ED’s efforts to grow these areas while working closely with board and other staff to ensure effective and efficient internal operations. They will report to, and work primarily for, the Executive Director and work closely with the senior staff as well as the executive, development, and governance board committees.
An ideal candidate is enthusiastic about ACF’s mission and supporting music creators. They are committed to racial equity and share the organization’s values of leadership, anti-racism, courage, support, and curiosity. The successful candidate must be highly organized, proactive, and able to reprioritize when needed. Strong writing skills and knowledge of MS Office. applications necessary. Experience creating presentations in Office and Creative Cloud (or other design program) applications a must; past work with database systems preferred (we are migrating to Salesforce). This role accesses confidential and sensitive information and must be comfortable with holding those details in confidence and with discretion. Candidates with a minimum of two years executive/administrative assistant experience required.
The ability to work with a diverse group of individuals – whether artists, board members, or supporters – is essential. We recognize that sometimes qualified candidates are not sure if they meet expectations and strongly encourage you to apply if the position excites you. While a supportive role, this position offers intimate knowledge of the Executive Director role and organizational governance and is critical to cultivating many of the organization’s most important relationships.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contact for Executive Director (ED): receive calls and postal mail, monitor emails, and ensure timely response and/or delegation to appropriate party
- Support ED/senior staff with meeting scheduling, planning, note taking, and follow up
- Manage communications, arrangements, and materials for full Board and Board Committee meetings
- Draft letters, presentations, and emails for ED with attention to detail
- Monitor ED’s schedule, plan/book travel, schedule meetings, and make reservations
- Manage and track ED expenses; submit expense reports to Dir. of Finance
- Maintain filing and provide other administrative support as needed
- Participate in weekly development staff meetings and support the team with correspondence with donors, preparing presentations, and proofreading materials
- Open mailed donations and track checks, providing necessary information to development and finance staff (this ensures internal checks and balances)
- Draft timely and customized acknowledgement letters after gift is processed
- Research prospective funders and donors
- Plan and make travel arrangements for other staff members as needed
- Help keep database and files updated with new contact information and meeting notes
- Submit check deposits
- Support Director of Operations and other staff with events and office management
- Other duties as assigned
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this full-time, exempt position is $55,000/year plus a competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, FSA, vacation, 403(b) retirement matching plan and pre-tax transportation program. We value the artistic and other life activities of our staff and welcome partial remote and flexible work hours. We will remain a permanently hybrid working organization.
A national organization, we value the opportunity to be based in Minnesota, where most of the staff and ED live, so we invite applicants outside the area to apply only if they are willing to travel to St. Paul, Minnesota at least 4-5 times a year plus other travel related to board meetings (1-2 times a year). If interested in relocating to Minnesota, ACF is able to offer a modest moving package. (Read more about the beautiful landscape and offerings of Minnesota – it’s more than snow!)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in this role at ACF at: https://smrtr.io/8ykjh
Please only contact ACF if you have difficulty with submitting your information.
Position is open until filled. Three references will be requested from those invited to interview.