Job Title: Manager of Membership and Social Media
Classification: Non-Exempt, full-time
Hours: Normal business hours 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM plus occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Vice President of Programs
Post Date: April 6, 2018
ACF is looking for a proactive, motivated team member who has experience in membership services and development, community engagement, website maintenance, and social media coordination. The Manager of Membership and Social Media works as part of a team of professionals who serve ACF members and constituents through program support, membership benefits, and career services.
The team member who holds this position is responsible for assembling, editing, and maintaining key portions of ACF’s website (WordPress); entering and/or supervising ACF membership data into our eTapestry donor database system and related monthly and bi-monthly website maintenance; member services as prompted by email and phone requests; and other special projects, media-related and otherwise, as required.
The position primarily reports to the Vice President of Programs with overall responsibility for managing national membership services and social media communications for the organization. Successful candidates will be innovative, interested in making suggestions to improve the organization, and creative in packaging and promoting membership.
- ACF Staff
- ACF Board Members
- Chapter Directors
- ACF Members
- ACF website support team
- ACF database support team
- Other key media contacts
- Create, edit and maintain key portions of the ACF website built in WordPress, including membership directory and membership profiles, “Opportunities” listings for members, and other website features as necessary;
- Ensure membership dues are accurately acknowledged, tracked, and reconciled within ACF’s three main systems (Stripe, eTapestry, and MemberPress). Training on these systems will be provided;
- Develop regular mechanisms for providing excellent customer service to members/constituents in a prompt and timely manner;
- Serve as primary contact for all inquiries related to membership, whether by phone, email, or in person;
- Coordinate bi-annual survey of members and develop appropriate responses to issues or concerns that are highlighted;
- Carry out analysis of existing programmatic/membership materials and membership retention rates, and provide guidance on strategies for improvements based on the analysis;
- Strategically develop goals and action plans for membership growth and retention, and for improved member benefits, in teamwork with ACF programs, development and senior staff members;
- Prompt and accurate coordination of all membership correspondence as required, including general email, informational brochures, recruitment materials, membership appeal letters, flyers for upcoming events, welcome packets, fact sheets, and membership renewals.
- Content curation, maintenance, and management of social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Flickr, and other relevant organizational accounts.
- Building and execution of social media strategy through informed research of platform trends, tone, messaging, analysis of the e-community, and benchmarking;
- Creation of organization-wide promotional and engagement materials;
- Ensure ACF’s membership database functions optimally for the organization; recommend strategies and solutions to staff for using the database to achieve membership and programmatic goals; provide staff training as needed; plan and implement records management, data collection, technology, and reporting that supports ACF’s membership and communications goals.
- Assist in special projects as needed in consultation with the program team, development team, and senior staff.
Qualifications & Requirements:
An ideal candidate is enthusiastic about meeting others and learning about the success and challenges they experience in their creative endeavors. Bachelor’s degree or comparable combination of education and experience. Strong planning and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments while maintaining attention to detail. Highly developed written, verbal, and visual communication skills. Articulate and comfortable picking up the phone and calling people to track down information, following up on lapsed memberships, and responding to inquiries. Orientation towards service and ability to solve problems. Confidence and flexibility in working with people in a team or one-on-one setting. Deep love and appreciation for music and those who create it. Knowledge of a variety of musical styles as well as general understanding of artistic process is essential. Strong computer skills, knowledge of MS Office applications, database experience, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, etc. Proven social networking experience and use of social analytical tools. Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) and conversion rate optimization (CRO) is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is in the mid $30k and depends on experience. American Composers Forum offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, FSA, vacation, 403(b) retirement plan and pre-tax transportation program.
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest in this position, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references to William Lackey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William J. Lackey, Vice President of Programs
American Composers Forum
75 West 5th St
Suite 522, Landmark Center
Saint Paul, MN 55102-1439
Application deadline: May 4, 2018