ChoralQuest® is an exciting series of new music and accompanying curricula for middle-level choir, is a program published by the American Composers Forum. The series was started as a response to feedback from music educators that there is a pressing need for new, fresh choral music. The heart of this program is new works written by a diverse group of leading American composers who have created challenging pieces that are a true departure from standard middle school repertoire. Based on the successful decade-long BandQuest® program, the compositions are accompanied by curriculum materials designed to assist students as they learn the music and to integrate each piece with non-music studies.The ChoralQuest series is representative of the immense range and richness of American musical traditions. It gives students tools with which to create music, encouraging them to explore and to appreciate historical and cultural contexts.
ChoralQuest is exclusively distributed by Hal Leonard Corporation.
The Golden Queen
Written by two young students, the poetry of The Golden Queen sensitively tells the story of the life of a sunflower.
Voicing: SATB and Piano
Never Give Up!
With student-generated poetry, this piece explores themes of perseverance, compassion, empathy, and collaboration.
Voicing: SATB and Piano
Hear My Voice
This piece is inspired by the American electoral process, expressing the optimism of youth as each new generation’s voice begins to be heard.
Voicing: 3-Part Mixed and Piano
Dancing Songs is a three song suite with poetry by Nancy Wood.
Voicing: SA(T)B or SSA, Piano, and optional Maracas
Through All Things
This energetic and rhythmic work celebrates “a motion and a spirit that runs through all things” based on a poem by William Wordsworth.
Voicing: SA(T)B and Piano
Jerod Impichchaachaaha’ Tate
Taloowa’ Chipota (Children’s Songs)
The composer uses a blend of traditional Chickasaw and classical music to create a beautiful atmospheric work.
Voicing: 3-Part Mixed, Piano and Cello and Shakers featuring vocables
Thinking of My Home
Thinking of My Home is based on an ancient Chinese poem and blends Chinese and Western traditions in an evocative way.
Voicing: 3-Part Treble (optional piano and triangle)
Enter your code below to download a complimentary audio catalog of all pieces in the ChoralQuest series. To request your own code, click here!
The ChoralQuest Curriculum
The national standards for arts education make it even more imperative that teachers have access to curriculum materials that link music with other subjects. Through the ChoralQuest curriculum, students will gain a richer and deeper understanding of the music they rehearse and perform. Free downloadable curriculum materials are available for each piece in the series. The ChoralQuest curriculum, written by Joanna Cortright and Colette Sherman, is based on use of the Facets Model. To learn more about the Facets Model, you may download the PDF below. Facets Model
- Anton Armstrong – Conductor, St. Olaf Choir
- Bruce Becker – President, Minnesota ACDA
- Bryan Blessing – Choral Director, Oak Grove Middle School, Bloomington, MN
- Nyssa Brown – Former Music Education Coordinator/CAPP Coordinator, Perpich Center for Arts Education, Golden Valley, MN
- Emily Crocker – Vice President of Choral Publications, Hal Leonard Corporation; Founder, Milwaukee Children’s Chorus
- Michael Culloton – Conductor, Mannerchor, Cantabile and Chapel Choirs, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- Rollo Dilworth – Composer, Conductor, Clinician, and Associate Professor of Choral Music Education at Temple University
- Patrick K. Freer – Associate Professor & Coordinator of Music Education, Georgia State University; School of Music Academic Editor and Chair, Music Educators Journal
- Karen P. Fulmer – National President-Elect Designate of the American Choral Directors Association
- Diana Leland – Immediate past-President Minnesota ACDA; national ACDA steering committee
- Eugene Rogers – Associate Director of Choirs, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Mary Alice Stollak – Michigan State University, retired
The Katherine B. Andersen Fund of The St. Paul Foundation
The Rosemary and David Good Family Foundation
The Wenger Foundation
Michael and Kay McCarthy
Alfred and Ann Moore